Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Flirting in Ruby Tuesday

Ehhem, since today is going be a food post with a little side story, might as well make the title a little bit more interesting. :P

I was having a dinner with Tristan before we went to see Dancing with the Stars roadshow. We went to Ruby Tuesday as I have never tried there yet though I have seen its commercial in Food Network many time.

Well, we wanted to have something more healthy, so both of us chose the same thing.

Fresh salad bar (buffet style) with white bean chicken chili.

For only 8.99 per person...



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I had a huge 1st plate of very colourful salad. Love it. A perfect choice for hot summer day.

Lots of fiber, vitamin and protein.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The white bean chicken chili was great. Went really well with a slice of roasted garlic butter bread. I enjoyed white bean chili more than normal chili. Love the taste of navy bean.

Don't worry guys, despite gulping down this big bowl of bean, I didn't release any gas during the roadshow. :P



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The salad bar was nice. I decided to go for another huge plate. Man~~~ I was really bloated. Too gready. Oops!

Well, Ruby Tuesday does have the fresh salad bar, but our "refreshment" was even more refreshing.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Tralalala~~~ please meet our waiter for the day - J.

This was the best waiter I have had in chained restaurant like Ruby Tuesday.

First, he is a cute guy.
Second, he has great smile.
Third, his service was great service and nice attitude.

He made us felt like a million bucks. Usually I could tell if a waiter is pretentious, but for his case, he was very sincere.

He made my meal taste so much better than it supposed to be.

After our meal, I decided to do something shameless. Tristan had to close one eye. Haha.

Here was what happened...

"Hi, I have a request."

"This is my first time to Ruby Tuesday. I enjoyed it. I would like to take a picture of my waiter."
(The fact was I really wanted to say "Can I have your number?")

His face turn red, making his smile even melting Tristan and me more. (Thank goodness Tristan's boyfriend was not there.) "Sure. I'll be happy to." A little surprise on his face, but professional enough to accept his client's request.

*Was I his first client to make such a request.*

So, I took out my camera, he started to post.

"Errr, just me?"

"Yap, I just want your photo." (Man~~~ I sound like a lady wolf.)

"How do you want me to pose?" (He was confused whether to take the plate or not.)

"Just relax and pose as you like." (I smiled to him.)

There you go, the picture on top. ;) Man, people around looked at our table curiously.

Now look back at the picture, do you feel he is cuter now? Tee hee hee...

Anyway, when he came back to return my card... (I just have to tip him more than 20% for the great time I had.)

"I have you all have a good time with us."

"Oh yes, absolutely."

"I hope to see you all very soon. Do come back and see me."

Wah~~~ he did not say "US". He said "ME"!! Obviously, he was enjoying these two sweet ladies companion too. ;)

Oolala~~~

My answer, "Definitely." (Yes, I will make sure I want J. Ha!)

Now, I was not flirting, was I? :P

11 Comments:

At 5:22 AM, Blogger Janice Dhing Woon said...

flirting fish fish.. :p
i wish i have such cute waiter serving me.. so far most of my waiters are pretty ladies.. and my guy friends do sometimes request to take photo with them.
how much do u tip a standard waiter?
i'm not used to tipping but i noticed that the waiters here tipped themselves by not giving me back my exact change.

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, flirting yourself to a green card?

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Jasmine said...

haha cook, don't knock it - that's how I got my green card.

Just kidding - my husband isn't a waiter. :P

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Turtle said...

Fish,next time leave your number by the tip.

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Skwermy said...

Oh I flirt all the time :-) It is fun...and that is how I got my green card...kidding :-) Right Jas?

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger Lee Ai Ling said...

Tsk tsk Fish fish, flirting huh? Haha! Good! Keep up the good work! :))

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Serenity said...

your waiter @ the flirted looks like the younger version of Gary Bussey. haha! you're warming up to the next level??? good luck :) flirt more for sure.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Cynthia said...

that one is not flirting lah.. u r on the edy cos you yourself sound quite shy =)

ppl who flirt wont usually realise they are actually doing it =P

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Primrose said...

WHOA! Now it seemed to me that HE was flirting. Haha! Kiut! :P

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

janice : Usually 15-20%. If the service was mediocre, I would tip only 10% or if it is really horrible, maybe will not give a single cent, but I have not yet do such thing. Let see who will be that "lucky" waiter. Well, in U.S., I dont think it is allowed to take tips without your customers tipping you. Anybody in U.S. who knows about this explain more to Janice please. I want to know too. Thank you.

cooknengr : He must have a 8C - Cute, creative, cool, cunning, caring, curve and cuts on the body, culinary expert and a COOK!! Jiu Hor Kai Sau Mor, Lor Bong Shang?

jasmine : He is a biker, that is why he gets you. ;)

turtle : Ok, tell me you didn't leave your phone number the same way for her. :P

skwermy : Now girls, if really I need that one day, I must ask the two of you to be my Guru. LOL

lee ai ling : Haha... if only I have chance to see more of this type of waiters. Man~~~ I'll be too busy to eat. :P

serenity : Maybe my next level I should try on the dance floor? Tee hee hee...

cynthia : Wow!! Cynthia sweetie, will you teach me how to do that properly? *pretty please~~~* I will treat you one good meal in a restaurant with this kind of cute guy. ^_^

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

primrose : You should have seen his rosy cheek. Super kiut!!! He has really good skin, I wish I can feel that. Oops! I mean his face lar.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home