Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Fish Fish way of Merdeka Open House

Come come come... today is the Merdeka in Malaysia. I am cooking a special dish to hold a virtual open house for my readers. ^_^ You see, I eat. Muahahaha~~~

Well, it was Babe in the City-KL's idea that triggered me to cook this dish. However, since I was very busy with work lately (average 14 hr working per day), I haven't got much time to do a dish from scratch. In fact, I've been eating frozen food and instant noodles for the past whole month.

Still, that will not stop me for joining the fun of the half-century celebration.

Last week, coincidently, I got an email from another section that mentioned free goat meat to give out.

Listen carefully... it is GOAT meat!



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Oh boy~~~ I was one of the fastest to go to get this free goodie just in case others that know this piece of gem took it away from me. Well, I have never seen any goat meat in the supermarket, yes, even if I have the money to buy, I don't know where to buy one. I was very happy the moment I got it.

When I took the goat meat back to my place, my co-workers all looked at the goat meat and showed a shocking and "ewwww" look to that piece of meat. Haha... Tomorrow, I am going to change that concept of them upside down.

Today, coincidently, again, my co-worker went to Asian supermarket and I joined in the shopping. She is from Thailand, and I was really glad that.

I was looking for eggplant, unfortunately, those long purple eggplants that we use daily at home were just too soggy and dim for me to buy.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Then, my co-worker pointed out these beautiful and cute green eggplants.

"Fish Fish, these are Thai Eggplants, best to cook curry."

Oolala~~~ did I hear the word curry? How did she know I wanted eggplants so badly for my curry!!

Happily, I got the biggest pack and tugged into my cart. LOL



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Curry leaves are something essential for me on a good curry. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any in the market.

Then, again... my co-worker took a bunch of fresh green leaves and put into her basket.

"What are these?"

"Oh, fish fish, these are Basil. You remember the Thai Fried Rice that I made? These were the vegetable I added inside."

Of course I remember. The fried rice she made was one of the best Thai Fried Rice for me.

Then, it clicked me again.

Hey~~~ the Basil she was talking actually resembles aroma of curry leaves. Well, it has different aroma and taste than the Basil that is usually being used in western cuisine.

So, once again, I added a bunch of Basil into my cart too.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Once at home, I took out the last pack of Brahim's Kuah Rendang in my fridge. *sob sob* *need restocking*

In 15 min...



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The goat meat was cut into big chunk.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Eggplants were sliced in quarters and basil leaves were plucked from the stems.

Then, the cooking started.

Browned meat.

Added Brahim's Kuah Rendang.

Added half pot of water.

Cooked for 30 min.

Added in egg plant. Cooked for another 5 min.

Added in Basil. Cooked for last 2 min.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Tralala~~~ I turned all the ingredients into a Goat Curry!!

Surprisingly, the eggplants and basil were perfect choices!

I love Thai eggplant. Although it is easy to cook until soft, yet it still be able to retain a very unique chew-able texture that was hard to find in normal purple eggplants.

The Basil gave such a good action to the whole curry. Without these Basil, the curry will be much less attractive.

Regardless of having a big plate of KFC as dinner earlier, I just have to chomp down a bowl of this curry first.

I decided to cook the rice that imported from Japan. It was a gift by someone very kind. But the price is ridiculous... 1kg for US$25. Yes, this is the most expensive rice in my life. :P

While eating the curry and fragrant rice alone... my mind flew back to the old time... Ah~~~ home sweet home.

Merdeka! Merdeka! Merdeka!

Happy Independence Day, dear Malaysia.

p/s: Haha... I know this is not a very authentic Malaysian curry, but I hope you like it. ;) I LOVE IT!

5 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, Blogger Bad Influence said...

It sure looks better than the roti wanna-be. Try adding canned shimeji to your curry if you find it.

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger babe_kl said...

better late than never. thanks for participating and check out the round up.

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, I should have kept all the roti for ya.

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Primrose said...

Wow, the raw goat meet looks ewww! But the bowl of curry looks yummy! Changed anyone's perception of ewww to yummm yet?

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

bad influence : Haha!!! Thank you. I wonder when will that roti wanna-be turns into a real roti canai. :P

babe_kl : I am glad you invited me to participate. ^_^

cooknengr : Errrrr... have you tried to give those roti to your neighbour's dog?

primrose : Proud to say, my curry did turn the 1st time on goat meat from Ewwwww to Blinking Yummmmm. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home