Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Pei Wei Asian Diner

Last Sunday, I went to do a 3-hour ice cream selling in the NC State Fair. I was appointed to make milkshake. Non-stop. After my shift, I was really exhausted.

My 2 friends and me decided to spoil ourselves a bit. We decided to eat outside for our diner. We chose to eat at a diner.

Ehhem... this "Diner" is not the typical diner that you and me know.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It has a very Asian name - Pei Wei. It is all over the States. It is actually a sister diner of P.F. Chang's China Bistro.

Pei Wei is more casual than P.F. Chang's., with customers ordering at the counter. It has a huge menu on the wall for you to choose your food before placing your order at the counter. Or, you can get the common menu book and decide your choice.

Personally, I have yet to try P.F. Chang's. I heard good reviews from my American friends, though I am sceptical about the authenticity, I would like to try it someday too.

Until then, I am glad I tried Pei Wei. This Asian dining place is affordable, clean and good service.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Inside, we were the only Asians. It is not hard to see the targets are mainly non-Asians.

I enjoyed its nice ambiance. You don't feel the greasiness of a typical Asian restaurant.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The food was served in a speedy way. We only need to wait a few minutes for our plates to bring to us.

The 2 ladies ordered Spicy Korean Vegetables and Tofu. We all agreed it was too salty, not spicy enough. We wouldn't say it is a real Korean flavor.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I chose Asian Coconut Curry Beef. I was satisfied with my choice. The beef was soft, thick and flavourful. Although the curry was a bit too coconutty, I did like its spiciness. In fact, I believe the level of the spiciness will be too high for half of the Americans.

It will be a better plate if they used eggplant and the longer long bean was not so thin and hard.

For the beef, I will go back again. Hey... it is fun sometimes to just try Americanized Asian Food. ;)

8 Comments:

At 8:16 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, the only 陪位 I've been to is belows to the 色情行業 category.

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger ilovepearly said...

Mm... I am hungry right now...sniff

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Serenity said...

PF Chang...don't go there. we tried the one in Vegas and it was not that great. your hunch is right. it's definitely not authentic. FF, one strawberry milkshake please!

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Turtle said...

I found P.F. Changs overpriced for what equated to take-out quality food. Not good at all. If that's the kind of food you want, save your money and go to "Super Good China Buffet" or whatever Ameri-Chinese place is stationed in your neighborhood.

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger MamaBoK said...

It's hard to get really good chinese food.. in the western part. The funny part is .. when the americans and canadians think that they are real chinese food.. ;) they make me laugh so hard.. everytime.. when they tell me.. how good certain food is.. when they are canadianized food.

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Bad Influence said...

When you go to PF Chang, be sure to try Moo goo gai pan and let me know how you like it.

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Primrose said...

Eh, very seldom you don't update for more than a week wor. Busy ah? Good! I have an excuse for you to update. :) I tagged you. I'd really like to read your responses to the tag questions. Inform me when you've done it, k?

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

cooknengr : -_-"""

ilovepearly : Oops... :P

serenity : Oh, I will be more than a pleasure to make you a glass of milkshake. But I will have to get a milkshake machine first. Hmmm... maybe I should.

turtle : I think I might take the advice from you and serenity. But then, I want to see what is so big deal about it. *decision*

mamabok : Yes dear, I truly agree what you said. ;)

bad influence : Haha... I will definitely "challenge" that Moo Goo Gai Pan if there is any chance.

primrose : Hello sweetie! Updated finally, but will on-hold the tagging until later posting ok. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home