Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Friday, October 19, 2007

Ramen Noodles???

Yoohoo~~~ I am back to my blogsphere.

This week has been really insane for me. Busy with work until late at night. Busy with ice cream scooping for the State Fair... Not even much time for my Neopets.

My Neopets fever is cooling down a lot now. At least I can go to bed without my mind keep thinking... "Oh~~~ I didn't play my Neopets!" and crawl out from the bed again. Yes, I was that addicted.

Still, my network at home is irritating. Sometimes good, sometimes soooo bad. But at least I can check some emails now.

Oh... the title... I should be talking about my title.

I was watching Wheel of Fortune.

Choked me to see one of the answer was "RAMEN NOODLES".

Well, Ramen literally means "Pulled Noodle". Therefore, if I am to translate "Ramen Noodles", it will be "Pulled Noodles Noodles".

Does this make sense to you?

I went to check Wikipedia... there was this term "Ramen Noodles" too despite it described "Ramen" as "Hand-pulled Noodles".

Usually, I am not too particular in the usage of a certain term.

But... Ramen Noodles?

"Sir! Objection!"

This is just TERSANGAT SALAH!

6 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Blogger MamaBoK said...

Hahha!! did you call the show up .. and correct them..??

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Lannae said...

Welcome back Fish Fish!

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish,that is like in Malaysia people asked to see your I.C. card.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Serenity said...

send them an e-mail and let them know their mistake. Tampopo, anyone???

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

mamabok and serenity : Nope, I didn't. :P I checked with my friend... It seems like it is a general "phrase" being used in U.S.

lannae : Glad to see your comment too lannae. ;)

cooknengr : Haha... IC Number and D.O.B. So Paloi.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Primrose said...

Yes, I agree. It's like saying (in cantonese) "lai meen meen". Haha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home