Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Thursday, February 07, 2008

My New Year Eve Dinner

I came home early yesterday to cook myself a whole table of "Reunion" dinner.

After a nice walk home with my co-worker, immediately I got myself busy around the kitchen.

After less than an hour...



Photobucket
Tralala... my simple yet not too bad Chinese New Year Eve's dinner! ;)

A total of 8 dishes, just to take a good symbol into my dinner.

Of course, I cheated a little bit. :P

I actually cooked 5 dishes on the spot while the remaining three...

Photobucket
A bowl of braised beef tendon and pork with mushroom that I prepared few days ago. I love this! Proud of myself on this one. LOL



Photobucket
Then the grilled chicken and grilled pork were the one I brought back from my work place. Good stuff too. Especially the pork. Very flavourful.

The tomato with egg is my favorite dish. I used Shao Xin Wine and Light Soy Sauce to cook it. Yum~~~ The colour red and yellow also gave a nice good symbol to the dinner.



Photobucket
Unfortunately, I failed this one. Rice wine and ginger steamed shrimps. I steamed the shrimped for too long, it should be 5 min, but I cooked for 20 min. -_-""" The sauce was perfect, but the prawn was... ehhem... better not to mention. But I did finish them all despite the horrible texture.



Photobucket
Thank goodness the coming were getting better.

A nice bowl of stir fried tofu puff with beef ball. It has been quite a while since I ate deep fried tofu puff. It was definitely a very normal yet powerful to warm me up dish. I never failed to ask for extra Tofu Puff in my Kueh Chap bowl.

It reminded me of my mom home cook deep fried tofu puff.



Photobucket
My homestyle stir friend vegetable. Just garlic, crispy dried shrimp and light soysauce. High heat, splashed the vegetable and flip a few moment.

Tadah~~~ never get tired with this.



Photobucket
Of course, soup is a must for such a festive meal.

I was supposed to have a whole fish, but since I don't have it, I decided to substitute it wil round fish ball. LOL Better than nothing, right?

In order to make my one-man dinner turned more interesting, I called my family back home.

Chomp chomp chomp while chat chat chat with them. Little did I realize I ate 2 bowls of rice that evening.

I hope the next Chinese New Year, I will be able to eat this meal with my beloved.


XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

This morrning, I wore red shirt, red shoes and red... ehhem... to my work.

Hehe...



Photobucket
Received a little surprise from a co-worker. She came in with 3 big packs of Chinese sweets and gave me a few.

Ohh~~~ this was awesome. I never thought of how much this sweets meant to me until I tasted it again in a foreign land on Chinese New Year by an American.

Thank you dear. It was full of joy when I munched on this. Delicious!!!

How is your Chinese New Year? I heard Kuching's firework and firecracker were insane as it was a very good weather night.

I miss that!!

13 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Blogger ilovepearly said...

Wishing your family, friends and you a Happy Chinese New Year!!

 
At 12:30 AM, Blogger MamaBoK said...

Mine was quite pathetic.. so donch you feel bad .. about yours.. ;)

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger NotABlogger said...

I have been reading your blog for a while and really enjoy it! I'm originally from North Carolina and now live in the Netherlands. You're absolutely right about your veggies, though. Chinese stir fry veggies just might be the best food in the world!

 
At 5:16 AM, Blogger smazh said...

Happy CNY! 新年快樂!

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger Lannae said...

Dear FF, Happy CNY! Gong Hei Fat Choy! Your meal looks so wonderful, with 8 dishes. I really think that your beef ball and tofu puff dish, and the veggie dish are outstanding! Thank you for sharing your wonderful CNY Meal!

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger JMom said...

Hi fish fish, I haven't visited in a while. Happy Chinese New Year!! Your dinner looked great ;)

JMom

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Serenity said...

happy new year FF! now that we know how your CNY celebration went in NC, what about Chap Go Mei??? perhaps, u can start a new tradition in NC by throwing oranges in the river :))) just don't let the local council catch u for polluting the river. hehehe! have a GOOD one. ciao!

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger tracychong said...

Happy Chinese New Year =) My mum also told me that there was so much fireworks in Kuching!

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Janice Dhing Woon said...

happy CNY fish fish! wah your meal looks better than mine. this year mine is very simple, 4 dishes only. :P

kch has MEGA firework display.. can almost compete with any opening ceremony :p

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger misakichan said...

I'm somewhat eyeballing your soup! O_O Got this sudden urge to lick the bowl dry. =P Feeling soupish all of a sudden.

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger kruy® said...

well done, u made a memorable 8 dishes for CNY. i thought that was pretty cool and creative :)
Gong Xi Fa Chai to you!

 
At 1:42 AM, Blogger Kristopher said...

Happy Chinese Ner Year!!!

even though today is the last day. :)

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

ilovepearly : Thanks~~~ same same to you. ;)

mamabok : You are sweet dear, reading your comment always making me feel relax. ^_^

notablogger : Oh~~~ hello~~~ Are you from the east or west? It makes me thrilled to know someone from North Carolina reading my blog from Netherlands. Welcome! I hope my blog bring some good memories to you. ^_^

smazh : Thanks dear. Same to you too.

lannae : My pleasure lannae. And thank you for liking their appearances. LOL

jmom : Thank you jmom. How are you doing? I hope you are doing great there.

serenity : LOL I did take one orange, but not into the river, but into my gastrointestinal trait. :P There you go sweetie, my Chap Goh Mei. As simple as that.

tracychong : Do you feel excited too even by only hearing that? I did. LOL

janice : Hehe... that one of the few times that I will get very jealous with Kuching's folks.

misakichan : Just make sure you don't eat the bowl. :P

kruy : Thanks kruy. I hope you had a splendid one too. ;)

kristopher : Thanks JH. Did you had a blastful time with your princess. ^_~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home