Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Monday, March 10, 2008

Je vais au Québec

Hehe... don't understand the title?

Neither do I. It was actually a French translation from Babel Fish for my English title "I am going to Quebec".

Here is my story. ;)

Last year, my boss showed me two conferences and wanted me to choose either Quebec City or Indianapolis.

Hehe... a choice too obvious for a travelling fish like me, isn't it. In fact, Quebec have been one of the top of my must visit place list back to 6 years ago when I first learnt about it from an exchanging student who studied in the same university as me in Japan. Hearing her describing that city was just like a kid looking at all those scrumptious candies, too irresistible.

After I was accepted to the conference by the judging committee early February, I proceeded to apply for Visiting Visa to Canada in middle to February.

It was actually pretty simple steps. Just read everything they required online, get everything ready, including the fee. Sent the whole package to the Canadian Embassy in Washington with a return envelope and all I had to do was just waiting.

After 3 weeks...



Photobucket
Tralala~~~ my application was approved. Yippie!!!

No one-to-one interview, no long waiting time, I am indeed very impressed with the efficiency of them.

Yes, everybody, I am going to Quebec City for real. The best part, this year is its 400th anniversary celebration, you bet it will be more fun in this oldest city in North America.

I am lucky! *grin*

6 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, Blogger MamaBoK said...

Awesome..FF..!! you will love Quebec.. :)

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Wilson said...

wow, so envy. wish i can go too :)

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Bad Influence said...

In Quebec, they are not only Canadian but also speak French?

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

mamabok : I am pretty sure I will love it. Quebec to Canada is just like Kuching to Malaysia. It will be very special for me. ;)

wilson : You will. Just work hard to reach your target. All the best. ^_^

bad influence : Hai... totemo tokubetsuna machi da. Furansugo ga nichijou gengo da yo! Ikanai? Maittana~~~ furansugo naranai to. Ima Je t'aime shika wakaranai. LOL

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Bad Influence said...

FF: You don't watch Southpark, do you? I also know "vous aiment du beurre?" I would love to go and am thinking how I can make it happen.

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

bad influence : Yes, you are right, I don't watch southpark although I heard there is a lot of interesting conversation inside. And yes, I love butter. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home