Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Rule of thumb when buying toilet paper

Hehe... I sent out my Federal Tax File today. If everything ok, I should be able to get back around US$200++.

So good you might say, but the bad part will come later on.

I did a rough calculation on my State Tax, shoosh... I owe US$200++. How can like that? :((

So, I am getting almost US$0 for this year. *butthole!!* (I start to love this word so much, a word I learnt from my secretary. She does not use all those obvious words to curse, so she use the butt to replace another same meaning word. LOL Same for the shoosh, my workplace people use this word to replace another obvious word.)

To make it worse, this year I am started to be treated like a resident, so have to pay another US$300 for the social fee every month. Salary now is even lower than when I just started. Duh~~~

So, to compensate the lost in my pay, I just have to think of all the way to save money.

Almost 90% of my groceries are weekly special item of the week. Discounted 50%, buy one get one free, 10 for US$10...

You rich people out there, you might think there is silly, but for me, it is a significant way for me to lessen my spending. Less money for more value.

Don't play play, sometimes when I am good, I can save 1/3 of the original price.

Like today, went to shop with my co-worker, super happy she taught me two good way of shopping. LOL

Let me share it with you all here.

Toilet paper (in U.S., they prefer to call it bathroom tissue) is expensive here. For regular 24 rolls, usually it is priced around US$8-9. I always get mine during the discounted time. But my co-worker pulled out her handphone and started to use her calculator.

"It is less than 25 cents per roll. My mom said, if one roll is 25 cents and below, it is a good deal. It is the thumb of rule to get it." *fish fish eyes blink blink* Hehe... thank you Mallory, I will definitely put this rule in my shopping rule list next time.

Also, we were buying a Soft Scrub. Guess what, it was supposed to be 2 for US$7.20. But it was on sales, 2 for US$5. Then, she noticed something, "Get US$1 discount instantly".

"Oh~~~ this is a great deal!" Yes, we get another US$1 off. One only for supercheap US$1.50. Geeee... I saved US$2.10. Enough to buy 2 yummilicious oh-so-good Bojangle's legs you know.

Ok... I am done with my stingy side. Good night everybody.

8 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, next year I'll steal a Jamban hose from Kopitiam for you.

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Bad Influence said...

Not all toilet paper rolls are created equal. You should compare the square footage indicated on the package if you are trying to get more bang for your buck. You can always take home some rolls of toilet paper from work. It is an American workers' right. Just don't invite your coworkers to your house.

 
At 2:31 AM, Blogger JMom said...

nice going, fish fish! You're learning the american way....get taxed to the ying yang. You need dependents....hehe ;)

Then your extra $$ you get from deductions, you end up spending on toilet paper anyway! That's how it is with me with three teen daughters. They use so much TP!

JMom

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger MamaBoK said...

I hear yer.. !! it is darn ex here eh..!!

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger Lannae said...

FF, prices keep going up, so you have to work extra hard to save money. Good job on saving money at the grocery store! How else can you save money? I want to know too!

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Adrian said...

Fish Fish try buy Sunday newspaper as it comes with discount coupons. It really helps. As for tax, declare zero dependent next time you file your tax form with your employer. By doing this, they will tax more from your monthly pay check but you would get overpayment back when you file your tax later. Good luck.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, it's better to owe than getting a refund.

The money they don't "take extra from your pay" can accumulate interest in a bank. Of course they will tax your interest later.

But the best way is to buy Oldschool BMX part with the money they don't take away, sell the BMX part before April 17 and pay your tax with the tax exempted ebay profit!

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

cooknengr : No thanks, I'll stick to my soft and strong toilet pepar.

bad influence : LOL You know what is the first big NO for me if one wants to be my bf, he must not be stealing toilet paper from work. Also, those paper pretty hard, use too much will make my butthole hurts.

jmom : My mom used to complain everyday that I was using too many TP. LOL I guess girls do need more TP, because we use it both small and big business.

mamabok : It is ridiculously expensive.

lannae : I'll make another post on that next time for you lannae. LOL Be prepared the red bomb.

adrian : I know about the Sunday paper too, but I usually shop in the supermarket that do not require those coupon, so I am saving my money on not spending on the newspaper. LOL I know I am very kiamsiap. Yike!

cooknengr : I don't want to rebut your business lar. Let see what else I can invest? Hmm... maybe some divorced white man with an Audi?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home