Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Friday, March 28, 2008

What a bloody movie

Friday is my movie night. I usually will jump on a bus, go to the US$1.50 cinema, watch a movie, jump on another bus, go home zzzzzzz.

Today, I am repeating the same thing, but with someone else. We went to have very high calories fried chicken and fries with super buttery toast. What more with 2 glasses of soda. (In U.S., soft drink is commonly called soda. In Michigan, it is called Pops.) Yike!

It was a nice dinner. What supposed to be a group movie evening, turned out to be only me with a new co-worker, J, who has been here 1.5 months ago.

It was my first time went out one-to-one with him. A very likeable guy. An important "element" to balance up the over "Ying" in my work place. LOL We have 8 permanent ladies and 2 temporary ladies and only 3 guys (including my boss). In August, there will be another 3 permanent ladies join in. My boss has 2 daughters. So you see how important it is too have another Yang added.

However, when more "Ying" is surrounding my boss, the more busy he becomes. He has more and more meetings and business trip lately. It is a pretty good thing for us. Somehow, we like to take one of the days when he is away for a good lunch bonding time at Sweet Tomatoes. LOL Of course, we still working hard, even working harder than the time he is in to inspect us. Ehhem!

Ok, I have drifted too far away from my title.

I watched Sweeney Todd tonight with J. I heard from M who said the movie is pretty black. I have well-prepared for bloody scene. Little did I know how bloody it turned up to be.

A knife just cut neck by neck, like how my mom used to slaughter a hen at the backyard of our old house. Those necks just splashed out those liters of blood like what the hen did. Everytime a neck was drew a line by the knife and instantly the blood flew out inches from it, I just have to cover the screen with both of my hands. I just hope J will not be shocked by my over reaction on those bloody scene. My sister can tell you how "dramatic" I can be with "heart pumping" scenes in the movie. She said she can easily get a heart attack from my reaction, not from the movie itself. LOL Paiseh!

I just hope that I will not have nightmare tonight.

Johnny Depp is truly a great actor. It was a bizarre ending, but maybe the best ending for the movie. It started with the knife, it ended with the knife. But what happened to Joanna after that? I am curious.

Oh gosh, this is definitely one of the very bloody movie that I have watched in my life. So many songs, so many meaty pies. Ah~~~ the pies. You just have to watch the movie to know why I say the pies.

Ok, tomorrow I will be going to a Wine and Cheese party. Just no pies pleaseeeeee~~~~

6 Comments:

At 12:43 AM, Blogger Bad Influence said...

I thought you were going to write about a movie date! I saw the movie, too. The difference from chickens is that those killed by the barber do not run around headless, with blood spewing from where the neck used to be.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, two neutral count in , the 又陰又楊 ones should reduce the Ying-Yang ratio in your office.

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger MamaBoK said...

Wow..!! FF got a date eh..!! FF got a date eh..!! (sing song)

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

bad influence : It was a date ler~~~ Hehe... he told people in my lab what an experience to watch a movie with me. LOL My mom held the chicken tight tight with her hands, the no head chicken no where to escape.

cooknengr : Hehe... now I know why all the 杨家女将 have the power.

mamabok : An accidental date Mamabok. Turned out pretty good though.

 
At 1:42 AM, Blogger kaye~ys said...

Sweeney Todd is a tragic movie. Bloody, and tragic.

There is another one, which was made some years before the one acted out by Johnny Depp, and equally as good, though without the singing.

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

Kaye : I love Johnny Depp's movie. Which movie that you were saying?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home