Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Monday, April 07, 2008

Back from Blacksburg, Virginia

Last Friday, I went to a 3-day trip with a group of people. The trip was for free, including the meals and accomodation.



Photobucket
Certain part of our roadtrip was very foggy. Quite mysteriously beautiful. In clear day, the mountainous view is said to be breathtaking. I missed this opportunity to witness it. Oh well, hopefully the next time.



Photobucket
Foggy condition could be quite challenging especially when the road was loaded with big trucks. There were a few times my heart was almost jumping out of me.



Photobucket
We reached Blacksburg safely, thanks to Mallory cautious driving.

Basically, Blacksburg has nothing much except that it is the home of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. We did a little bit of campus sightseeing before we headed to our location for a free dinner. I think the campus is beautiful and quite big, but too quiet.

We were pretty hungry by the time we headed to our free dinner.



Photobucket
The main and side dishes were 3 types of pasta, a salad and a baguette.

Nothing impressive. Basically these were carbohydrates to give us calories.



Photobucket
On the other hand, the choices of deserts were pretty impressive. There were more than 10 choices. I like this dark chocolate cup with dark chocolate mousse topped with raspberry sauce. Bittersweet of dark chocolate with a hint of sourness from the raspberry. Firm crush of the edible cup with smooth texture of dark chocolate mousse. Love it.



Photobucket
It was time for having a good rest as the next day I needed the concentration for something more important.

I did not join the majority of the group for a late night out. Glad I made that choice as they only came back at 1.30am.



Photobucket
The next morning, our free breakfast was more carbohydrate.

I was delighted to see this favorite breakfast meal of mine - biscuit with gravy. I enjoyed this so much I ate two biscuit. LOL Mmmm~~~ you sunglasses-fetish narcissist Ah Pek, don't you wish you could have a bite too? Muahahaha~~~

Then, we started our important event. The event was supposed to be the whole day, but it ended at noon, which was an unexpected pleasant outcome. ^_~



Photobucket
Turkey sandwich as lunch. Not too bad. I am not a fan of sandwich or sub, so this meal was just another hunger fill-up moment for me.



Photobucket
The extra time we had that afternoon were spent in the downtown doing some simple sightseeing.

The whole town was pretty with the sakura blooming here and there. Too bad the weather have been gloomy during our staying there.



Photobucket
We went to a pub for pre-party party.

I ordered 10 extra-hot chicken wing, ate six until my lips was swelling like some duck lips.

It was good though. Gulped two glasses of water to cool down the aftermeal burning sensation.



Photobucket
Some just enjoyed slow chatting with each others.



Photobucket
Some decided to have a match in playing the pool.

Big smile from the winning pair.



Photobucket
Sad faces from the losing pair.

Either way, they were having fun.



Photobucket
Later, we went to the 2nd spot for the real party.



Photobucket
Quite a nice place for hanging out.



Photobucket
The problem was, the food was nothing impressive at all (again).

It was pretty bad that one of our member decided to go out and hunt for some express chinese cooking.



Photobucket
On the way to Da Bao, we took some photos with this "Ninja Turtle" looking "Bird" which they call it "Hokie".

Seriously, I still think it looks more like a mutated turtle than a bird!



Photobucket
The longest hair member in our group. Oolala~~~ with my hair length, people have already think it is very long. Hers, very very long. When I asked how long she will be planning to let it grow, her answer was very very very long. *salute*



Photobucket
Two of our guys decided to challenge this alcohol. Sadly, I do not know the name. I do think the blue flames were extremely attractive.



Photobucket
Of course the flame had to be put out before drinking.



Photobucket
Hehe... this was fish fish being the "voodoo lady" of the night.

With a ring and one strand of my long dark hair, I revealed the deepest secret of the few that night. Very accurate wor~~~

It was a fun night.



Photobucket
However, the next morning, one of our van got a ticket because a speeding.

Our van was slightly lucky that we were not detected although we had to trail behind the front van in a speed that we knew might cause us into trouble.

It was a short trip in a small town. A good one to escape away from the work reality for a while. I slept like a baby on my sweet sweet bed that night.

4 Comments:

At 7:24 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, look like some hairy Ang Mo is attempting the 祿山之爪 maneuvers on the red T-shirt girl.

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger shurikenstuff said...

whoa! your blog looks(and smells) delicious!, the burger header was hilarious, haha, anyways, link exchange? lemme know if you're intrested :-)

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

cooknengr : Nang xi Zheng Ren Jun Zi lar~~~

shuriken : Thanks for stopping by. ^_^ Nice "Love" you have there. Well, I don't really exchange links with bloggers, hope you understand. In fact, a lot of blogs that I read regularly nowadays is not in my sidebar link. I have not been updating my sidebar links for a long long time. I don't think it will help you much.

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger MamaBoK said...

Glad you are having fun..!! i wish i was like that too.. before having chloe.. but having a business.. sure didn't give us too much chance to travel around. .even in Canada.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home