Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

The due date is faster than I thought

I am pretty sure the calculator usage for these few days will be very high in U.S. as the due date for annual tax filing will be in 5 more days.

Well, I have submitted my Federal Tax Return as I will be getting US$200++ from it. However, my State Tax Return requires me to pay them what I owe. *grumpy* So I am holding it until today, thinking that I can file and save it tonight, print and send it out tomorrow.

Stooopid online State Form, I am not allow to save what I have typed. *grumpy grumpy* Tomorrow will have to put my schedule on-hold to file it again and hopefully send them out before the post office off hours.

Anyway, since I am going to pay them, I will try with online payment. Credit and debit cards are the easier way, but will be charged US$2 for every US$100 payment. Everything is money! OK, being a stingy fish, I am going to use the online Bank Draft option.

*sigh* It sounds good to stay abroad, as what people I know back home always envy about me. Little do they know in my daily routines (I am pretty sure for my friends in U.S. too), there are many tedious work that one has to deal with one after another. Especially as a foreigner who still not have any secured future like me, I have to plan things few steps ahead.

At least my first step, the waiver was settled a while ago.

So after the tax payment, I have a few important personal things piling up for me to accomplish besides my daily researches and technical writings. Dealing 3.5 projects at the same time not that fun although I do learning more and more from my tasks.

I really want to go home next year ler~~~ Homesick pretty bad lately liao. :(

Where is my mom's cooking, char kuey tiaw, nasi lemak, kueh chap, hakka lui char, char kueh, popiah, san-suan, kio chap kueh tiaw, mani chai beehoon... (I can go on and on and on) even the instant Premium Mamee Curry Mee.

*sigh* Don't want to think liao. Better go to sleep now.

Good night.

7 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Blogger C said...

Hi Fish Fish! I have been reading your blog for a while. I was also like you. Come here and get homesick a lot. But it will pass! Just try to meet new people, maybe a boyfriend? ;) I have been here for over 15 years already. I find that being away from home makes my visits back to Singapore more special!

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger FooDcrazEE said...

sure u r so home sick ? maybe u ought to find some countryman to lepak with . . . .

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

C : Wow!! 15 years? That is quite a long time. LOL I wonder if a boyfriend will help my current homesickness.

foodcrazee : I am homesick because I am missing those foods, especially my mom's cooking. Hehe... so I don't think my countrymen will be able to cure this side of homesickness, unless she/he is great in cooking hawker style Malaysian foods. LOL

 
At 3:32 AM, Blogger miracle8 said...

Yes i think it would help Fish fish. At least you won't feel that alone. Of course the guy has to be a good one to begin with, or else its worse than being single.
Take care! :)

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger MamaBoK said...

I know how you feel.. *hugs*

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger MayaKirana said...

Hi fish fish: Haven't been here for a long while. Glad to know you are still the same fish fish as ever. How about looking for fellow Malaysians/Sarawakians to chill out with over in N.Carolina? Or if not offline, try online. Must be many M'sians online in forums etc. Anyway,stock up lots of food the next time you go home. Yah, like C said, if you get a boyfriend maybe not so homesick. Wish you well my dear... lots of hugs from Penang.

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

maya : Hello maya, ^_^ Glad to see you here. I am doing fine, just busy. I think the only people that can really heal my homesickness now is my family. My coworkers are great companions to me, but it is just not the same sometimes, if you know what I mean.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home