Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

First two days in Quebec city

^_^ I am starting my report about my Quebec trip for real today.

Will be many photos for the coming few weeks. I might have to update my photobucket to increase the capacity of my broadband then.

Anyway, for the first two days in Quebec city, I did nothing. I was not in the mood for fun as my talk was not over yet.



Photobucket
That morning, my coworker's husband sent me to the airport.

Since I have about 1 hr waiting time, I decided to have Popeyes fried chicken and biscuit as my brunch. Still, I prefer Bonjangles.



Photobucket
Greasy fast food style hash brown. I like it though. LOL

When you are hungry, you just don't care.

It was good that I took this brunch. In the flight, only drink was served.



Photobucket
Then, I did a transit in Newark airport. I came to this big airport 3 years ago when I was in U.S for another conference.

Revisiting this airport brought back so much memory.

But that day, I spent most of my time practising my talk, until I almost missed my flight.



Photobucket
Glad that I arrived in Jean-Lasage airport as scheduled.

A small international airport. Reminded me of the airport in Sibu.

It was very quiet. The airport was still under extention. It will be done in June to catch up with the big month for Quebec city celebration.



Photobucket
Cost me Can$35 to get a taxi to reach Delta Hotel which was only about 15 miles away. The taxi driver didn't speak a single English word with me. *sigh* My most silent taxi ride in my life.

This was the room where I stayed for the first 5 days.

Pretty comfortable, but lack of the "basic" facility. No microwave and no pot for boiling water (which are the common feature that one will get in U.S. hotel with much cheaper price).

Including tax, this room cost more than Can$200 per night.

Started to feel the high living standard in this city already.



Photobucket
When I turned on the TV, I saw a very interesting version of deal or no deal.

Guess what? The French speaking deal or no deal, have "Hot hot guys" at the last row holding the numbered suitcase.

Such a ladies' friendly programme.

Wait... is it because it is a gay friendly city, that these guys actually not really for the eyes pleasure of ladies?

Whatever, I wish the U.S. version will have hot guys holding the suitcases too. I for sure will follow the programme avidly. :P

Anyway, I slept pretty early that night. Need to stay alert for a long-day conference.



Photobucket
The next day, I was surprised to find out that the whole day talk, even the poster session everything was in French.

*panic*

Luckily, they have a good audio English translation. Quite messed up the voice of the speakers with the translators some of the time, but better than not understanding a single sentence.

We had lunch in the hotel's restaurant.

Did not take any photo on that as I did not bring my camera along. The food looked pretty fancy, but the taste was nothing near its look. Small portion too.

Fake tiramisu ended up the lunch.



Photobucket
Then, another 3 hr of talk before it ended with Wine and Cheese session for the day.

It was okay. The annual wine and cheese in my workplace served much more cheeses and wines.

I stayed for about 30 min, ate some cheese with a few pieces of baguette and talked a while with a lady I just knew on that day.



Photobucket
While the crowd still busy speaking French to each other, I decided to leave the place.

Went back to my room to sleep for 1 hr.

Woke up with a stomach craving for non-cheese food.



Photobucket
Walked down the street to find some food.

The price in the restaurant was pretty expensive around that area.



Photobucket
I decided to buy my dinner in a supermarket. They sold 4 Activia for more than Can$4. I can get double that amount in U.S.



Photobucket
Milk, buns and pasta.

Not delicious, but better than nothing. However, the homogenized full cream milk was good. I never encountered with "homogenized" milk in U.S. It tasted more full and creamy.

I was so eager for my talk to be over the next day so that I could enjoy the remaining of my days in Quebec city.

My next post, you will see my trip is getting more interesting from this point. ;)

5 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Blogger MamaBoK said...

Oh bummer..!! the french didn't take you out for the nite..?? how un nice..!!

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

mamabok : Well, I rarely know them. How to expect a night out with them? LOL

 
At 2:24 AM, Blogger abon165 said...

everyday bun/bread/spagetti....
i will kill myself if eat like this

i dont eat bread for lunch and dinner,they are asagohan/teatime for me

these few days i feel not well,so i wish to eat kolo mee
you knwo the feeling,just the kolo mee,bnot any udon /freid noodle/spagetti
i made one by using ramen nama noodle

you seem like a nv qiang ren now

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

abon : Yoyo!! Hey somehow the comment sounds like you. What more she is so crazy about Abon now. Pardon me if I am wrong. Oh, don't say the kolo mee, I want to cry liao.

 
At 3:49 AM, Blogger abon165 said...

yes lor,it is me
i went to register a account becoz want to comment here le
hate that i have no more chance to marry to abon,so i turn my name here to his
kolo mee and laksa.....i want to eat
kolo nyao chu kueh i like better

 

Post a Comment

<< Home