Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

He just loves birthday

Hao Lian Ah Pek always very proud of himself to be born on 01.01.

"I am the chosen one lar~~~", as he always like to claim. Worse, he likes to say my birthday date no special, in hope to see me cry of self-pitiness.

In fact, when I was young, my birthday was nothing special as it always fell on the exam seasons. A couple of years, mom even forgot it. So kor lian~~~ Somehow, it built up a way how I treat my birthday as something more casual, but I have been calling my mom for the past few year on this day just to thank her for bringing me to this world.

Yoyo, your Lao Da and Xiao Xiao got so like to celebrate birthday as much or not? Maybe Xiao Xiao still too Xiao to know.



Photobucket
Somehow, I am now tied to a guy that loves his birthday celebration as much as he likes to show off himself. Nobody likes birthday cake as much as he does. Not to eat, but to sing a birthday song with.

We started with a simple dinner at a Brazillian restaurant. Nothing fancy. Just wanted to fill up the stomach as we were too late for the great alligator meat. (Grrrr... went twice and missed twice!).



Photobucket
His not so happy face.

Why? Because this Hao Lian Ah Pek die die wanted an open air band to play a birthday song for him, but they rejected the request. So, like a man with mid-life crisis, he was grumpily said it repeatedly, "What kind of live band that does not play a birthday song for the audience?? Lousy s**** band. No wonder play on the street. S**** band."

I wanted to laugh, but didn't want to upset him more.

Luckily, there were three beatiful ladies came to him when they saw his cake, "Oh~~~ your birthday??"

"Yes!! My birthday. I am the New Year baby!! WooHoo!!" He tuned up his voice, kiasi no one could hear it.

Those ladies of course were very happy for him, and sang him a birthday song!! Thank you ladies, you all saved my day.



Photobucket
So with a much more happy face... he chomped down his birthday cake. Guys will always be boys.



Photobucket
Technically, just few bites as it was too cold for a very creamy and hard ice cream cake, despite from Cold Stone.

Baby, let me be the one to choose the cake next time. You are suck in choosing sweet stuffs.

I promise will buy you a birthday cake. Unless miracle happens, no homemade from me. You know why.

Aritsu. Totemo aritsu. Chu~~~

6 Comments:

At 2:49 AM, Blogger Cynthia said...

ha! cannot tahan this haolian pek lor! like that also can? >.< in a jokking way
(Ed: you so funny!)

im not into birthday thingy. for the ppl whom I love, yes, I will somewhat put some effort in. at the end of the day, birthday only what, right? their mum is more important -- like you said, mum brings us to this world :)
I call home every year to thank my parents, family. just a casual chat. Yet, my mum will ask me almost every year, " today is your birthday meh?" WAH LAO!!!
yeah, my mum only remember the Lunar calender.. Haha! she is so cute!
BTW, Happy Belated Birthday (again) Ed!

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger miracle8 said...

Haolian ah pek.. you should have seen him on his 40th birthday in Kuching, wearing the SMK Penrissen Form 1 uniform, that one lagi hao lian leh...

How are you doing? Time to blog more now that you are back in NC?

:D

 
At 1:35 AM, Blogger babe_kl said...

gosh i just found out. congrats on your marriage to Ed!!!

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger MamaBoK said...

Hehehe!! he can haolian lah.. !! afterall.. he married you right..?? and you are a tough catch eh.. :)
Next time. .me and chloe sing him a birthday song in french eh..??

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

Cynthia : Yay!! Gimme a five. Also, my mom tends to remember Lunar Calenday more. *sob*

miracle8 : BK, yes, I somehow are more interested in blogging more lately. Hope there are still people interested to read my dying blog. :P Oh gosh... I actually glad I was not there that time. :P

babe_kl : Thank you dear. Hope it is not a big shock. :P

Mamabok : You know what, don't promise he that. He might be insane enough just to go to Nova Scotia to get the two of you to sing. LOL But we actually tempted to go to see you when we were "pretty near" there that time.

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Primrose said...

Fish fish, so cute lar, this post. So funny I read about hao lian ah pek. Hehe! Hope he enjoyed his bday evening (you won't bake him a cake again unless he scores you a perfect 10!!). Cute lah. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home