Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Monday, February 02, 2009

A bad luck Monday

It was a bad day for me today to start the week.

First, my backpack zipper somehow was unzipped by itself and all my things fell off the bag in a messy way on the road, just opposite one of the main bus stop. The only day that I did not put my new camera in the protection bag, BAM!!, crashed on the road. Both edges were scratched in an ugly way, but luckily, the camera is still functioning well. I just really hope I did not miss anything important behind. I think I have picked them all up.

Then, walk walk walk again. The slope that I have been walking uncounted times, the moment I stepped on it.... SPLASH!! I just fell down like the first time I learnt snowboarding. My bum right on the ground while my hand try to avoid it from happening. Painful bum and hand. Even now, I can still feel the pain. *sigh* Me and my huge body. Thank you Monday for my first fell in U.S.

I was going to start my work, when I saw nothing was on the stir plate. Apparently, my co-worker forgot to help me to take my samples out of the refrigerator for stirring. This was the only time she forgot about it.

Just when I thought three times a charm, the fourth incident happened. My another co-worker accidentally knocked on the waste water bucket and my notes were all wetted by the strong NaOH containing water. But, luckily, the waste water did not contaminated my sample that was spinning just an inch beside the spill.

When I was going to heat my samples in the autoclave, the sign was saying "DO NOT USE IT. STEAM GOES OFF FROM 7AM to 5PM". Great... just when I thought nothing would go wrong anymore. However, the steam came on again 20 minutes earlier, so my heating somehow did go smoothly.

Bad bad bad...

I am on hold my abstracts writing until tomorrow.

Tonight?

I am going to give myself a GOOD SLEEP... and hopefully all the moldy luck will be gone for good tomorrow.

7 Comments:

At 1:51 AM, Blogger miracle8 said...

Oh dear that is a lot to deal with in a day! Come I hug you.
Yesterday's snow was quite nice, but the inability of London central gov to deal with the situation resulted in total chaos! Took me almost an hour to get into work today (usually takes 20 mins) and then another hour again this morning.
Jin Kuet Zhin Fu's easiest way of dealing with crisis? Close everything!!
Hahahah
Take care ok?

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish that sure was a day work of bad luck.

 
At 5:32 AM, Blogger Primrose said...

Oh dear...5 Feb today. 3 days gone past *fingers crossed* Hope the remaining week is good...

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger misakichan said...

Sounded like a really bad day you had there. Hope everything's been better since. *Huggles*

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Implosion said...

Hope you're feeling better these days, fishfish!

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Lannae said...

That was a terrible day. I hope now, days later, you are having a better day! Happy Valentine's Day!

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

Thank you everybody. Yes, it was a bad day. Since that day, I always double check my bag to make sure it is properly zipped, and whenever I go down that slope, I always hold onto the tree just to make sure same thing will not happen again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home