Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Sunny weekend is fantastic

My 4 days in Boston and NY with my Ah Pek was overall good, with some not so tasty twists.

Painful twist - Paid US$35 for less than 2 hours parking in downtown Boston.

Bitter twist - One of the most lousy car we have ever rented, no central lock, manual windown rollers, too much hidden fees, even to drive to other states were being extra charged. Grrrr...

Wet twist - Very very heavy rain on the way from Boston to NY. Ah Pek did a great job to reach the destination safe. Muak!

Pasar malam twist - We just need to go to the Consulate General of Malaysia in NY to feel as though we are at a pasar malam. No kidding!

Arrogant twist - Visited one of the largest outlet mall in USA, nothing impressive as cold and bad weather and we were very lack of time. I went there mainly because it is the only outlet with many branded shops, and I am curious what kind of things they are selling in their outlet. Seriously, they need to re-train their staffs, the so call very high-end brand like Chanel staffs are just too arrogant. Oh, what is with the fetishism of Chanel like to hire cocky obaasan to work in their outlet? Gucci staffs cockiness slightly one rank down, not too bad, still not pleasurable. Or maybe it is the northern people things? I don't remember seeing this kind of attitude in other outlets that I have visited. Even the Coach outlet in Woodbury is more arrogant, but the one that deal with us was nice. If you go to Coach in Woodbury, get Pat!! She is pretty good.

Ok, stop complaining. We did quite a number of awesome things.

Good foods - Had the best clam chowder in Neptune Oyster at Salem Street, Boston. The same restaurant that caused us had diarrhea due to raw oysters. Ouch! The clam chowder was so good that I nearly wanted to lick the plate. Awesome mozzarella and ricotta pizza New York style during a very heavy rain night. My first time with the anchovies in pizza, stinky, salty yet interestingly addictive. Ah Pek had his first Carbonara spaghetti with pancetta and sweet pea. He liked it. Go to Dean's Pizzeria on Greenwich Street if you are interested.

Universities touring - We went to visit Yale University, Harvard Univeristy, MIT, Mount Holyoke College and Smith College. Each university took us around 1 hour. Particularly like the appearance of Yale and Mount Holyoke. MIT too business district-like. Harvard just too convenient to go to NY downtown. Met up with Suet Li in Mount Holyoke College and she gave us a guide around her school campus. Thanks. :)

Road trip - Like any of our trips together, Ah Pek and me like to drive miles and miles to see a place. Not so much on the typical tourist attractions but definitely good foods are must. As usual, he was driving and I was navigating and zzzzing. One day, I will help you with the driving burden. Sorry ah~~~

New passport - At least I don't have to worry about my passport until 2014 now. Super big face in my passport. Yike!

Subway memories - I feel superior when the best option to move around is through public transport. ^_^ Ah pek is not too good in that, and I am paiseh enough to say I am a "pro". Hehe...

I think I will put photos in my facebook instead of here letting the scams finishing up my monthly widthband.

When will I be seeing him again? *sigh*

5 Comments:

At 11:07 PM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, just upload the picture lah...or you readers will not return.

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger Primrose said...

No ma, I return ma. :) And I also peek at FB. Heh! Wah, so many twists one? So farney. :) Glad it was a good trip...you will meet again very soon...

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Lannae said...

Where did you stay near Boston for $95? Saw photos of food, and they look good!

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Samantha said...

Fish Fish! lol cute nick. You know Eddie? Wow :) Thanks for dropping by my page. Never been to the US before. Would definitely wanna see photos of places there. Upload some in your up coming entries?

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

cooknengr : They can go to your place to look.

primrose : Yes, I am meeting him in two weeks!!

Lannae : He has replied you. ;)

Samantha : Yeah, I know Eddie very well. LOL I will do photo blog after I quit my job. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home