Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I can drive now

For the past three days, I have been busy with something else. I was busy driving.

Eventhough I was in North Carolina for three years, I never got my US driving license there. I lived so near to my workplace, and with my economical situation, I don't think it is worth it to drive a car.

However, for the final few months I was there, when I finally decided to take the driving test, my visa status in US did not allow me to do so.

The only way was to take the driving test after I have moved to CA.

So, on Oct 19th, after my writing test, which I marginally passed, I started my first driving lesson with a driving school on Oct 23rd.

Three 2-hr classes, plus one time to the driving test, cost around US$350. It was expensive for me, but The Hubby thought it worthed the price if that will make me become a good defensive driver in the future.

I was so hoping to get the license ASAP, but the earliest driving test schedule was on Nov 10th.

So, every Sunday, I have been a Sunday driver, with The Hubby sitting beside me while I maneuvered his stick shift Toyota SUV on the freeway. Then, Monday was my 2-hr driving classes with the school.

Finally, today was the time for me to take the behind-the-wheel test.

Despite driving since the age of 17, got my license both in Malaysia and Japan, I was actually very nervous. I was so worried if I failed, I will have to reschedule the test again, which might be another 1 month later. I couldn't wait that long because I need the license to start to find myself a job.

I was so relieved when the examiner said, "Go to take your driving license in the counter, you passed."

Woohoo~~~

"Sir, could you please tell me how many errors did I make?"

"2 errors." The short answers from him really made me so happy. Then later I found out he commented in my result, "Good job."

I made only 2 errors out of the 15 maximum errors allowed. I am proud of myself this time. Not only because I passed it, but I passed it with a good result I did not expect.

I did not call The Hubby to tell him. Instead, I printed out the route to go to his workplace, and drove there to tell him. I wanted to thank him in person.

I am now excited for my first road trip to San Francisco this Thanksgiving.

Going around in US is so much more flexible for me now. ^_^

6 Comments:

At 6:46 AM, Blogger cooknengr said...

Hey Fish Fish, Good job! Driving a stick shift going up the hills of San Francisco, without burning the clutch, that I want to see.

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger C said...

Yay! I failed my first time... :( So you did so much better than me! San Francisco is so much fun! I was working there for 8 months last year... :) If only I was still in LA, so I can finally meet you! :(

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger chocolatelab said...

woo hoo ~~~ congratulations... is your hubby going to get you a Lexus now? ^^

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger mNhL said...

Congratulations!! for passing with flying colors! haha...I failed both my writting & driving test (when I was 17 y.o). So sad. After keeping the lisence for almost 10 years, I finally drive.

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger enjoy1 said...

I like you blog very much.

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

cooknengr: Can, I show you next week. Let your horse come over.

C: Yes, too bad I am here when you have left. Hey, but I do believe we will be able to meet one day. ;)

chocolatelab: LOL Good one dear. Nah~~~ he is waiting for me to get him a Lexus (in his dream).

nMhl: Ah... whenever I think back the time I was driving at the age of 17, it still amazed that I am still alive today. *shrudder*

enjoy1: TQ.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home