Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Monday, November 16, 2009

One day in San Diego

Last Saturday I bugged The Hubby to go to San Diego, since for the past few weeks, he had been working OT every Saturday, thanks to the luck I brought to him.

It was my first mini long driving from Brea to San Diego.


I was excited in a few ways. The driving, a new city and foods. :P




We decided to stop at Little Saigon to eat brunch.

We were attracted by a new shop which just opened on Nov 1.




Both of us ordered Bun Bo Hue Dat Biet, but mine was without the cilantro version. At US$6 a bowl, I have to say this is a really good bowl of Vietnamese soup rice noodle.




I don't remember the last time I had a pork blood cake, probably dated back to the time I was still in high school. Mom used to cook pork blood cake soup for us.

This pork blood cake was firmer, but nevertheless nostalgic.

I was pleasantly surprised with the generosity of the toppings given. The soup was awesome. From the sweetness of the beefy broth to the aromatic lemon grass sips, I could go for a second bowl, if not because The Hubby kept staring at my protruding tummy. -_-"""




We washed down with a glass of Vietnamese Cafe. Well, The Hubby actually drank 3/4 of it, the remaining 1/4, I refill with water to make a while glass, and the taste was just nice. Imagine how sweet the original version was.

We were fully charged, and I drove all the way to San Diego. Totally enjoyed the drive.




Our first stop was in a small "island".




Hotel del Coronado, one of the very old hotel in US.

It was very beautiful, mind relaxing and calming.




Not surprising at all we saw three couples of bride and bridegroom.




The Hubby and I talked about coming here one summer to enjoy a nice overnight (when we have enough side money for extra expenses). ;)




The sky was so blue that day. Not even slight white cloud stained the blueness. It was a windy day, yet not cold.




We enjoyed a short stroll at the beach. Very fine sand grains, I could feel the sands easily slipped through the socks "tickling" my toes.




Besides doing some meaningless photoshooting...




... I was minding other people business too. :P

Beautiful couple, isn't it?




I just love to glance at the sunset by the beach.




But it took only a short while before the sunset was gone.

Till next time, Mr. Sunset.




Our next destination was to the downtown of San Diego.

Before that, we off route a bit to further heading the south, just to have a glance at the borderline of Mexico. It was too late to go to there, but we will definitely go there next time just to see Tijuana and the Donkey show (pointing to The Hubby).




Downtown of San Diego was much more happening as compared to downtown of LA.

Quite a crowd was out that night, largely partly due to the live boxing showed in the big screen of bars and pubs. We stopped for the last 10 minutes to join in the crowd. It was a fight between Manny Pacquiao and Miguel Cotto, and at round 12, Pacquiao won the fight with a TKO.

I am amazed with the agility and powerful punches of Pacquiao.




We were debating to eat in an Irish restaurant or having tapas. Initially we wanted tapas but failed to find the restaurant. So we settled for the Irish restaurant instead.




The Hubby decided to order a half pint Guinness, all the way imported from Dublin.

I was not a Guinness fan, but I decided to give the Dublin version a try.

Oolala~~~ glad I did. It was very creamy, smooth throught my troat and the slight bitterness was so good.




By having a plate of curry fries, we finished the Guinness even before we started our entree.




So, The Hubby decided to go for another full pint Guinness. I love to watch the cascading effect of the foam surfacing slowly to the surface.




Being a glutinous fish who like to try this and that, a combo is always something I am delighted to spot.

We tried their Irish Sampler. It was a combination of Shepherds Pies (totally love the mashed potato), Guinness Beef Stew (neither mine nor The Hubby favorite as it is too sweet), Chicken Sage Boxty (my first time encounting with a Boxty, interesting potato pancake dish) and Corned Beef and Cabbage (which was The Hubby favorite for that night).




Sharing is always a good thing, not only we finished everything, the fun of eating the food from The Hubby "plate" is something I enjoy doing. :D




I know it had been a long and tiring day for him. Thank you Da Ge. Chu~~~

5 Comments:

At 6:13 AM, Blogger fufu said...

wow i wanna have a bowl of pho =p

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Jasmine said...

Nice to see you blogging again! :)

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Lannae said...

Looks like a good trip! What a beautiful wedding couple you photographed (in their business :)) Hotel Del is really fabulous! And, congrats on driving!!!! YAY!!!! You now can add another car to the L.A. traffic on the 5 and 405. Ha ha ha, just kidding.

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

Ah Fu, come!

Jasmine, TQ. ^_^

Lannae, you are so right. I don't think I can ever like the freeway traffic in CA. And now, I am making it worse. -_-""" Happy Thanksgiving dear. ^_^

 
At 3:57 AM, Blogger david said...

What an amazing description of a day in San Diego, What pictures, what landscapes, what sun set, what buildings, you can not ask for any better way if you want to know San Diego and its credentials. Thanks for this amazing article.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home