Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Midnight blabbing

I did something wrong today. Drank a cup of regular coffee around 5 p.m. when I know I am caffeine intolerence. What was I thinking? Too late to regret. Hence, a midnight post since a long long time ago.

I went to bed, accustomed hugging The deeply slept Hubby, trying to steal some warmth from his body. His higher than normal body temperature is such a good natural heater for a cold cold night.

But, I decided to crawl out from the comfort zone, and roaming around the silent living room. Too silent. It made my heart less calm.

Eventually, I turned on The Hubby's computer, ended up typing this nondirectional post.

Trying to get a job have been a bothering and stressed process. I hate it. I have registered myself with three recruiting companies. Only one which I might see some progressing. Went to meet one of the recruiter today, but left such a bitter taste in my mouth.

He arranged the meeting at 2 p.m. But the moment he sat down, he started to yawn and his panda eyes were dozing off, for once per min. Hmmm... I am not sure this kind of people truly can be a good recruiter that matches true ability with the right company. We talked through the phone regarding the opening I was interested the night before, but he kept thinking I was talking other jobs during the meeting, until after our conversation carried on for quite some time. Either he was partying too hard last night, or he had a lunch that was too full with carb. Our 1 hour meeting, he was pretending he was listening, trying to write the note down, but when he was half-way writing down the note, he just went dozed off again. To be polite, I did not point it out during the "interview". Thinking about it now, I might want to give him a call tomorrow to tell him what was bothering me the most during the whole quite meaningless meeting.

Worse, the pay range that he told me, was even hardly higher than working in a supermarket. I know the job market is bad now, but I have also done my research to know about the pay range for each degree level.

I don't think I want this kind of people earning money from me doing my job in the future. He is the 2nd recruiter I met from the same company, and the 1st one was slightly better but nothing to shout about too.

Seriously, I am thinking just to scratch off them from my recruiter list. I should get ones that are much more professional.

Their ironic motto is "People First". I don't think I agree.

Oops... this is turning into a ranting post. I am going to buy red red nail polish to paint my nails tomorrow.

I still can't sleep. FML.

8 Comments:

At 4:38 AM, Blogger Cynthia said...

paint your nail red red - ONG!

good luck FF! I love you! kiss

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger hoyoyi said...

dasao, as hokkien saying - ANG ANG BOH HAI LANG!!! hahahaha...

Btw, why not try to do something from home? :p

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Loh said...

Ganbare!

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Loh said...

Ganbare!

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger smazh said...

FF, ganbatte ne!

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Fam said...

Hi Fish fish,
I've had the same share of rubbish recruiters since I arrived in the Ol' Blighty. They don't read your resume, ask you silly questions and then when u finally get the job they pocket a huge sum of commission. Its not easy but do not give up. The more recruiters you deal with the more you will understand about their "macam-macam" and try applying directly to companies, even a speculative application is worth trying. At least people know you are out there looking.
Recruitment agencies- can't live with them, can't live without them.

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

Cynthia, I do really hope so. Thanks! XOXO Love you too!

hoyoyi, yeah, I really should. But my mind are so arrayed with all kind of nonsense things now. :P

Loh, arigatou!

smazh, arigatou ne~~~ Ohisashiburi. Genki?

Fam, thank you so much for the comment. I will not give up.

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger Wena said...

My first job was after sending out 40 resumes.

My 2nd job was after sending out 40 resumes.

My 3rd job was after sending out 3 resumes.

I was PosLaju's best friend then. :)

Take heart!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home