Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Monday, December 28, 2009

A day of wild shopping at Cabazon

On Sunday, I went to an 8-hr post-Boxing day shopping spree with two men at Cabazon outlet malls. It was my first time and I have to admit that spending money at Cabazon was one of my best outlet malls experience, mainly because of my "dates". :P

The first man is The Hubby, need no introduction of course.

The 2nd guy is CG. CG and I went way back, about 15 years go. We went to school together, but we never cross each others path again after our St. Joseph years. Well, except once for about 5 minute few years ago, back in the old home town, Kuching. After high school, he went to UPM while I attended UKM. I heard news about CG from other friends, some were true but most of the story I heard were plain BS. LOL.

After UPM, he spent 6 years in the UK to study and work. I, on the other hand, went to Japan for studies then I ended up in NC.

While I was taking my long break in Kuching recently, he somehow found me on FB and added me. One day, I got nothing much to do, I stalked friends' profile. One by one, when I saw CG's profile, Oh my... his current location is listed as Huntington Beach CA! You gotta be kidding me, so I wrote him an email. CG replied and confirmed that we live less than 25 mile apart, what a destiny!

After I came back to Brea, we met up twice for dinner . We even went to his landlord's Christmas Eve party which was awesome. This Sunday, he decided to tag along to cruise tha mall of Cabazon.

It was a very satisfied trip as we found a few things that we wanted. The Hubby, being one of the best guy, accompanied us without buying any thing, yet willing to go to into shop after shop with us. Aritsu kao kao~~~

Okay, I know I seldom do shopping posts, except one that I posted about my Black Friday shopping last year.

Well, here are what I have bought in one day. :P




The shopping bags from each purchase. Most of them are American brands.




Two tops from Ann Taylor. Both are of the same style, except different colour. I am short and alway have a hardtime getting a formal top that will fits me. So, getting two shirts of the same style with different color definitely works well for me. Beautiful cutting and trimming.




Two camisoles from Banana Republic. Again, same style, different colour. It is tailored for petite women aka short women. LOL I love the material.




As for leisure wear, this is the only choice I had. We went to Papaya, which targets young girls, I know, shameless me. LOL . I like this top and it was really affordable. The two guys also nodded and the shirt was put into my shopping cart.

I am not very generous when it comes to buying clothes. I always have the concept of "short life span" for clothings, which explains why I seldom spend more than US$100 for one item. But that is different story when it comes to handbags and occasionally shoes, which I will talk about next time.




I have been looking for a new belt for quite some time, I was trilled to see this gem. The Tommy Hilfiger's belt was definitely love at first sight, doesn't matter it is tailored for men. :P




My long lost love. I have tried different fragrances in the past but stopped wearing any for a number of years. Amongst all the perfume I have owned, my favorite remains my first fragrance that I had at the tender age of 20. That particular fragrance is named Acqua Di Gio by Giorgio Armani. I miss it. Decided to buy one with a 25% discount. ^_^




I also bought a few bags that day. This attention getting, bright yellow tote is from Kipling. I have heard of Kipling but never get to take a closer look at their products. When I decided to step into the shop, I just wanted to have a look. Then, the bright yellow series immediately caught my eyes, my eyes almost pooped out when I saw the sign "75% off" . I held onto this one and fell in love with it almost instantly .

The fabric is so light, so cheerful yet versatile to go with my casual spring and summer wear.




This is definitely going to be one of my favorite functional bag.

Awesome quality for the price I paid.




I have been looking at Juicy Couture design for quite awhile. Not so much on the pink products but I love their black, brown and purple bags. Since I have a number of big bags and with my current employment status, I do not feel like getting any big bag as yet. However, I do want to get a nice little wristlet and I am glad I found one.

I love the stitching, eye-catching brightness in sharp contrast with the dark velvety background.




Coach was my final stop for the day. I was inside the store for quite a while before I decided to get this for myself.

I have always wanted a cute scarf for my bags. A few of my precious handbags are classic brown or brass, this color matching scarf will definitely be a nice accessory for may handbag collection.




Tralalala~~~ see what I mean? I made the bag more lively instantly.

But really, the main reason why I went to Coach's factory Store was not getting something for myself, but to get a gift for someone special.




I chose a slim green leather wallet.




It came with an ID window and 5 credit card slots. The only down side: there is no coin compartment but I guess one can always get a little coin purse.

This green wallet was bought to match the main purchase of the day...




... a large Penelope Op Art Tote!!

I was looking on every display shelves, made a few circles around the store before I landed my eyes on it. There is something about this bag that I like, although it seems a little too big.

After carrying it over my shoulder and looking at the price tag, it is too good for me to say no.




The functionality of this bag is another reason I think it will be a great gift.




I am starting to like it more and more.

I just love Coach factory and I don't care if anyone thinks it is "cheap" and "lower quality" and "outlet items are out-dated". I personally enjoy going to Coach outlet as it is almost like a treasure hunt for me.

You'll never know what kind of products are available for sale at that exact moment, so it depends on your luck to find the items you like.

My first Coach suede tote received a few compliments from random women on the street. They were absolutely surprised to find out it is from Coach. The quality of Coach's bags are good for the price, the only thing that gets me is that, there are too many women wearing Coach in US, especially the signature versions, which I have one, but seldom use. I prefer Coache's leather products which are soft and beautifully coloured.

Ok, enough on my Coach talk.

Anyway, the whole day worth of shopping spree cost me US$391.23, which I saved US$672.68. I have to say it was a excellent shopping day.

Better yet, we ended our shopping with a nice Korean meal.

It's time for my gym session. I have skipped going to the gym for one whole week, Bad bad bad.

6 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Blogger hoyoyi said...

i love shopping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The item that i hearts the most is the damn belt!!! =)-----------------

 
At 4:47 AM, Blogger Cynthia said...

yellow bag FTW!!

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

hoyoyi, I just found out I chose 1 size too big. FML Either I change it (which is impossible since it takes 2 hrs to go there) or I wait until next time go back to Malaysia punch 2 more holes.

Cynthia, I started to use it today, and I chu it!!

 
At 12:51 AM, Blogger babe_kl said...

Here's wishing you and ahpek the coming year is a glorious one that rewards all your future endeavors with success. Happy New Year!

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Megan said...

Acqua Di Gio is definitely one of my longest loves too! i love the smell

 
At 2:24 AM, Blogger fish fish said...

babe_kl: Thank you dear. :)

megan: *high 5*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home