Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Dr. Ci:labo: My kind of skincare

Thanks to my parents, I was born with a pretty good skin condition. This made me one less worry since I also inherited long body short leg, double chin, big face and flat face traits from my father. These are the few traits DH like to joke about me from time to time. Yes ladies, help me to virtually punch and hit him as many times as you want.

When I turned 18, though I was sometimes bothered by a popping pimple here and there on my face, I never had severe face skin problem. I could eat a whole kg of peeled peanuts at one go (I actually did one time, until my teeth was so numb and pain), and would find myself with only three pimples grew on my face the next day. My pimples loved to grow on my arms and back.

Those years, Hazeline Deep Cleansing Foam and Hazeline White & Natural Lightening Face Cream were the only two skin care products that I carried. They were so mild and matched my combination skin nicely. For more than a decade, I have been only using Hazeline and not other brands. I did try to use other brands before, my ended up having breakout and skin peeling problem, which prompted me to stop. I always went back to this cheap yet good option. Used to stock them up like a dozen to bring to Japan during my student years.

Then, when I was 28, suddenly I saw trace of fine lines around my eyes. It was a very panic moment for me. As alarming as the moment I saw my first grey hair at 24, due to days of short hour sleep. It was almost like the most importing thing for me the next day to fine some anti-wrinkle cream. That was my first most expensive haul on skin care, a bottle of Sofina Wrinkle Seraty, which worked fine for me. I continued to use my Hazeline and Sofina for quite some time until I moved to U.S.

The long distance with the then BF (now DH), long working hour, irregular and short sleeping habit plus my insanity as a game maniac in Neopets have paid me with a heavy fine. My lines condition around the eyes were getting serious that Sofina Wrinkle Seraty could not work as effective as before. Also, the Hazeline products were not good anymore. I don't know why they changed the formula, if that was the case, the foam became watery and hurting eyes while the cream was giving a drying out sensation on my face. It was time to bid farewell to Hazeline.

During one of my visit to L.A., the then BF brought me to Marukai to do some groceries shopping. I came across a brand, Dr. Ci:Labo that I have seen too many times on TV during my years in Japan, but never bother to know more about it. Somehow, that day, I decided to spend more than US$120 to get just two items to try. It was ironic how I turned to buy a Japanese brand skin care product after I left the country.

So glad I spent those US$120. I am now a huge fan of Dr. Ci:Labo products.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
At the moment, I am using three of their products.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Super Washing Foam Ex, US$30 (they increased the price again, it used to be US$28) before tax. This is my one and only face foam washer. The foaming property of this tube is AMAZING! Just squeeze a very small amount, moist a little and you will see a lot of fine bubbles forming in between your rubbing palms. A 100g tube lasts 4-5 months for me. I wash my face 2-3 times per day. This thing is so gentle that it does not hurts my eyes.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
After cleansing my face, my must put on Aqua-Collagen-Gel Super Moisture. A 120g size cost US$82 before tax. My Holy Grail for skin care. A bottle last me more than 5 months, I am using much less than the suggested amount as I just want to moisturize my skin, not to turn it sticky. The website describes it as having effectiveness of toner+millkylotion+makeupbase+beautyessence+brighteningessense in one! I strongly agree. If I am allowed to choose only one type of skin care, this will be THE ONE. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this, except for the slightly silly packaging. I use my finger to apply it. It is extremely moisturizing the skin, yet doesn't make my face feel greasy at all. I have combination skin type, and this gel has made my skin remain hydrolized the whole day. It is so light on my face I hardly feel my face is not-naked. In fact, after I started using it, most of my fine lines had gone, except a couple stubborn one around my eyes and on my forehead.

Since I have been using it, I have received quite a number of compliments about my great skin condition. Even the skin care and beauty counters could not sell me their products as they could not detect fine lines around my eyes, but they are targeting on my black spots. There were a few times they said, "I wish I have a skin condition like yours." That is a great compliment for me.

This gel is also very good as my makeup base before putting on whole bunch of other things on my face. It is almost like a shield layer for my skin and the other skincare and beauty products. They blend really well with it too. It doesn't matter if I am using a high-end or drugstore brand cosmetic, as long as I apply this, I feel secure.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Last year Christmas, I decided to try their new products. The Aqua-Collagen-Gel Enrich-Lift-Ex. US$87 for 120g. I don't like this as much as my Holy Grail. Although it says use on the whole face, personally, I think it is too sticky for me, even with very small amount. Still, I use it as my double protection around my eyes area. It is my eye-cream. Southern California weather is very dry, and to remain my skin hydrate whole day is so essential for me. I have been using it for 4 months, and I still have 2/3 remained. I think one bottle of 120g will last me a whole year. Maybe when I get older, this will be a more suitable product for me.

My washing foam and super moisture gel are running out and I am glad I wrote this post, as I just found out they are having promotion now! Yippie. See the promotion here. They are giving out a US$33 value of items with $85 or more purchase. Just the right timing for me to do my restock. ;)

Also, Yuriko went back to Japan a while ago. She is so kind that she helped me to get a Super White 377 Ex and a BB Perfect Cream. Both are not available in U.S. yet, but I think you can get them in Taiwan, Malaysia and Singapore too. I tried the Super White 377 samples that came with my purchase, and somehow my black spots are getting lighter, so I am really excited to try this double power Super White 377 Ex. I have never used a BB cream and I am curious. Since this BB Perfect Cream has EGF with SPF35 and water resistance, I will give it a try. I am just worry about the shiny face part as I know BB cream have a lot of shining pearl to give shimmery face effect, which is a welcoming thing by Korean ladies but not me. I hope the Japanese version will make it targeted at the more natural looking Japanese makeup trend. The BB Perfect Cream is described to be a combination of cream+moisturizer+sunblock+toner+concealer+foundation.

I will let you all know after I have tried them. But for now, I will just wait patiently for them to get delivered to me. ^_^ Thank you soooo much Yuriko. XOXO

Hehe... I know it is a very long post, just showing how much I like these skin care products. If you have combination skin like me, you might want to give it a try. ;)

Ok... signing out. I need to make chewy oatmeal raisin cookies now. My first attempt!! :P

4 Comments:

At 4:41 AM, Blogger mNhL said...

Oh...this products are availble in M'sia? I;ve never came across it. Currently, I'm using Bio-Essence but I find my face started to have little oil popping out. The skin are a bit rough. Maybe ageing also. haha.... Referring to the price stated, M;sia sure sell very expensive le!

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Gastro888 said...

Thank you for this post! I've never heard of this brand before but I'll give it a shot when my other products run out. I like how you're talking about beauty and fashion now but could you please add some of your food posts? I miss reading them!

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger fish fish said...

mNhL: Yes dear, it has two counters in KL. One in KLCC and another in The Gardens Mid Valley City. Hey, maybe you can go to the counter next time and ask if they can give you a couple samples to try.

Gastro888: Oops! I have been kinda shifted away for my food writing mode lately. But I will do one for you tomorrow. I made two types of cookies these two weeks, and I am eager to share my little experiences in making cookies. ;)

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger city said...

nice idea.. thanks for sharing..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home