Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Homemade Bun Bo Hue!

Today, yours truly decided to make Bun Bo Hue. Of all the Vietnamese foods, this noodle dish that originated from Central Vietname, Hue (順化) is on top of my list.

It is almost like a bowl of Sarawak Laksa to me, the uniqueness.

So today, I decided to make it for the first time. ^_^


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Tralalala~~~ Nice? A lot of hidden vegetables under those meat, in case if you wonder.


The truth - it is just partially homemade by me. Hehe...

Our Vietnamese friend gave us some homemade Bun Bo Hue paste prepared by her sister. All I need to do was just dump everything in, simmer the soup under slow heat, then it was done.

We did not get any fresh lemon grass, nor banana blossom as it was my first experience. I wanted to start from a more simple try.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The paste was actually very good, although I would like to have more lemon grass flavor.

My bowl of Bun Bo Hue was loaded with pork hog, beef with tendon, shrimp cake, purple perilla and bean sprout. No lime wedges this time.

It was a good dinner for E and me, despite the pork hog was a bit too soft.

My next mission? I think I will try to make Bun Bo Hue from scratch, which will take two days! I have already got the recipe online. :P

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 2:59 AM, Blogger emotionalistic said...

Looks yummy! You can really cook huh?

 
At 1:53 AM, Blogger Fish Fish said...

emotionalistic, I am not a bad cook, neither a great cook. For me, getting the taste right is much more important than making it looks pretty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home