Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

The forgotten mango

I seldom forget the food items I bought, especially not a mango.

We went to a beach four weeks ago. In one of the supermarket, I saw these really huge green mangos were on sale for 49 cents each. I am a huge huge sucker for mangos, and never let go of them during good price.

These were different from the typical large fibrous Mexican or the small yellowish Asian mangos. Green skin, humongous (about 1.5-2 times the size of Mexican mango), and were described as SWEET and FIBERLESS.

I decided to buy one.

Anyway, happily, we continued our outing for the day. By the time we reached home, it was almost midnight. Somehow, we totally forgot about it.

Today, when I flipped through my refrigerator to get a fruit, I noticed my fruit inventory is running low. All of sudden, that huge green mango popped up in my mind.

Hmmmm... I don't remember eating it at all.

I tried to search high and low in the kitchen, to no avail. After the dinner, I asked the Hubby if he remembered where he put the mango. He didn't even remember I bought one. He altered the passengers' seats these few weeks as we were having guests. Somehow, my instinct told me, it might still be inside the car.

I was right. I was so glad to find it hidden at a corner, under the Hubby's hat. Even more relieved to find it remained intact.

Of course, while nagging at the Hubby, I cut the mango into nice pieces for him. It was one of the largest, sweetest and juciest mango I have had to date. Oh boy, I'm so glad I remember it. It was so sweet I could only eat four pieces and let all the remaining finished by the Hubby.

Sorry no picture, as by the time I remember to take out my camera, the whole thing was cleaned by the Hubby.

At least the next time if I spot another one, I am going to buy it again for sure. :)

XOXO, Fish Fish

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11:42 PM, Blogger Primrose said...

I love mangoes too but the ones I buy here have lots of fiber and it gets stuck between my teeth, it irritates me. But I love mango lassi... yum! :)

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Fish Fish said...

Frances, I hate the one that have a lot of fiber too. I think the one from the Phillipines and Taiwan are fiberless. They are tiny and have orangy yellow skin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home