Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Friday, October 01, 2010

$150 Challenge: Day 1

Have been a busy week. But at leat tonight I can make myself relax.

The Hubby and I is starting our October challenge today. We will try to survive with only US$150 on groceries and gasoline, including all forms of entertainment. I used to do this every year for one of the month since my student's life in Japan, only that it was US$100 then. And I did it everytime.

This blog will be my daily record until end of October. No Oktoberfest for us this time. We will try to figure out how to still enjoy the Thursday eating out. I want to show him, saving on money does not mean that we have to compromise on everything.

It is a good month for us to do this challenge since he had spent too much during his trip to China, and November and December will require a lot of spending for holidays.

Day start: $150.00
Day end: $145.50.
What we spent: Bread - $2.00 and Peanut butter - $2.50.
What we got for free: The Hubby three small cups of coffee from a groceries store and my free 10 min magazine reading in a drugstore.
Our form of entertainment tonight: Work out in the gym.

29 days remaining. Tomorrow is easy since I will be working the whole day, I will be getting two free meals. ;)

XOXO, Fish Fish

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Blogger mun said...

I like this $150 challenge of yours! I know you can do it (from your past records). I want to be a copycat and do something similar but what amount in RM should I set for a month? Any suggestion?

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger Fish Fish said...

Thank you mun for having confidence in us. Hmmm... interesting question. Let's see. How about 1/4 of your usual spending, not including buying "unnecessary stuffs". Think about the basic expenses that you really need and can't survive without, then make it only 25% of what they are for your challenge. If one month is too long, try with two weeks instead. Make a record of them, you'll be impressed how well you can actually survive even with such limited money. Have fun! Do let me know if you've decided to do it.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger mun said...

Thanks for the suggestion. Definitely will let you know if I decide to do it. :)

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Fish Fish said...

You are welcome~~~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home