Kuishinbo~Meow~

I eat so much until people call me Dr. Fish Fish.

Sunday, October 09, 2011

$100 challenge 2011: Day 9

Lazy Sunday. Lazy to tag my photos. Shall be an update with more photos.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
My dinner for last night. Half grilled fish with tofu dish. Asian. A bit tired of creamy pasta. After that, went for my 10 hr sleep due to headache.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Today, is bargain hunting day.
Look what I've got. All these for only $22.88.
Here are some of the deals: $0.15 per lb cabbage. $0.39 per lb napa cabbage. $1.09 per big pack tomatoes. $0.99 per lb long bean. $0.99 per 8 oz mushroom. $0.49 per lb cauliflower. $0.99 per pack tofu. $2.34 per 26 oz bread. And.... the best part... $0.79 per lb chicken. These will last me 2 weeks. An average less than $2 per day for my foods. ^_^


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I decided to cook a big pot of modified Malaysian curry tonight, without the coconut milk. $3 chicken + $1 long bean + $0.30 cabbage + a pack of ready to cook vegetarian curry paste brought by the hubby few months ago. And with little bit of soy sauce added...



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I'm surprised how good that it is. I had to go for 2nd round. :P No coconut milk made me less guilty.

And these shall last me for a whole week of lunch = $1 per lunch.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Lunch was something more westernized. Smoked salmon sandwich with tomato and yogurt. And a 1/4 pack of tomato and roasted bell pepper bisque. And a tablespoon of greek yogurt and chopped fresh basil from my little "garden"... Ah... life is good.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
And with that big pack of $1 tomatoes... I decided to make them into ready to use tomato puree with some dry basil and a pinch of freshly ground mixed peppers. I shall use them for either pasta, pizza or even as topping for my sandwich.

It's been a long long time since I am bargain hunting like this. I miss this kind of fun. A great satisfaction from this achievement.

$100 challenge afterall, is not really torturing at all if you know where to look for the good price stuffs.

And my saving for today was $10.50.

Day 9 fund: $63.70
Spending: $22.88

2 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Blogger Lannae said...

You got a lot for only $22! Wow! Getting protein for so little is a good deal!

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Fish Fish said...

Yes yes Lannae!! Consider I got 10 lbs of chicken with $8. They are surprisingly fresh too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home